We Defy Foundation and Grappling Mastery are dedicated to improving the lives of our military disabled combat veterans through the use of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Physical Fitness training. Our coaching staff and members are comprised of both military and non-military personnel. We understand how important it is to take care of our returning veterans. We are committed to giving them the tools to combat life’s challenges. We exist to improve the lives of mentally and physically disabled combat veterans. Through Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Fitness training we will provide combat veterans suffering from life-disabling injuries and/or PTSD a long term means to overcome their challenges.
WE ARE COMMITTED
to our country, our combat veterans, our team, and accomplishing our mission.
through integrity, personal accountability and selfless service.
to stay relevant and effective for the long term.
Veteran athlete qualifications
All veterans applying for sponsorship as an athlete must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a veteran who served in an area of combat operations.
- Must be separated/retired from active duty status (National Guard/Reserve duty not included).
- Must be a disabled combat veteran (mental or physical).
- Must provide proof of honorable discharge from military service DD214.
- Must provide VA entitlement/rating letter.
- Must be willing to commit to training at least a minimum of one time per week at a We Defy Foundation Approved Training Facility for the duration of one year.
- A Special Criteria Waiver exists on a case by case basis for unique circumstances (e.g. training accident, sexual assault, other circumstances related to military service).
Our Approved Athletes will receive:
- One Year Free Grappling Mastery Membership
- One Year Weekly Private Lessons
- 2 Custom Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Uniforms