Jeff Glover is a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Black Belt with wins over 7-time World BJJ Black Belt Champion, Caio Terra and a submission win over 6-time BJJ Black Belt World Champion, Robson Moura at the 2011 ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship. Jeff Glover is known for his unique and often humorous grappling style and personality. Jeff performed a seminar in Orlando, Florida and Professor Brian Ruscio had the opportunity to attend.
The seminar began with Jeff Glover introducing himself in an expectedly humorous way. He had two major things to point out before he began showing some great techniques and strategies.
- Even though he has no problem finding great training partners at nearby schools where he lives, he pointed out that his main focus is making his teammates into great training partners. If you see a teammate performing even one detail wrong, correct them and that will go far in making everyone on your team very good.
- Everybody is different and has their own game. Some are have strong, powerful bodies while others have strong, powerful minds. Some have both. Adopt moves and techniques that work for your own body and personality. Create a style that is your own. What are you doing that is different than everyone else?
The techniques taught were based on the Deep Half Guard, the Guillotine Choke, and the Triangle Choke.
Deep Half Guard:
- Getting to Half Guard from various positions
- Over the Falls
- Out the Back Door
- Coming up on the Single
- Deep Half Counters
- One Handed Guillotine
- Arm in Guillotine
- Guillotine Setup and Finish Strategies
- Setting up the Triangle Choke Strategies
We will be reviewing the techniques demonstrated over the next couple weeks here at Grappling Mastery: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & MMA.