We are proud to be Recognized by the IBJJF and just received our Certificate of Registration for our new Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Academy located in Mount Dora!
The IBJJF, or International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation is the Official Federation of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Federations, in Martial Arts, provide legitimacy to a schools lineage. Anybody can “buy” a Black Belt. The Federal and State governments don’t have time to go around and check every martial art school to see if the instructor is really who they say they are when they start teaching. It is the federations job to ensure that the Belt was truly earned by training with other legitimate Instructors, and so on throughout the students lineage. A student should be able to trace his lineage throughout the federations records. Students should also be able to have their rank and hard works recognized by an official organization! Register with IBJJF
There are many benefits to schools and their students for abiding by the federation designated for their martial art:
“It’s the right thing to do!”
- Demonstrates to new students that everything is being done with integrity
- Ensures Legitimacy of the Instructor by documenting lineage
- Documented Background Check for the Instructors by checking your instructors criminal history for you.
- Students rank and hard work is recognized by an Official Organization.
- Respect for the Martial Art, its Founders, and Students
- Consistent Guidelines, Belt Rank expectations, and Etiquette
- Opportunities for students to compete in Highly Coveted Competitions
The athletes registered with IBJJF will have their graduation recognized by an official sport organization. Keeping the athlete’s registration valid and accurate helps IBJJF to preserve the competitor’s record as an athlete or Professor.
In order to register and compete at IBJJF Tournaments certain athletes must have a valid membership Id:
- All kids and Juvenile Athletes (17 years old and younger);
- Brown belt athletes;
- Black belt athletes
- All belts Brazilian residents (CBJJ)
- All belts Italian residents (UIJJ)
- All belts Portuguese residents (FPJJB)
- All athletes that wish to compete in tournaments held in Brazil