Butterfly Guard is an effective position in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and MMA. There are many ways to set up sweeps and submissions from this guard. It has it’s weakness, however if mastered or used as a transitional guard position, it can be a dangerous addition to your game increasing your sweeps and submissions.
Some Key Points in Butterfly Guard:
- “Glue” the top of your feet to the opponents inner thighs
- Keep your Knees angled outward
- Always visualize your opponent between your guard.
- Strong underhook, Strong overhook
- Create an angle for your attacks